On the First of December, 2019, the day following the choir’s beautiful performance of Handel’s Messiah at Georgian Shores United Church, the choir hosted a well-attended sing-a-long at the Harmony Centre. To sing many of the choruses with members of the choir, attendees were invited to be seated intermingled with it. Next, with music in hand, all were pleasantly astounded to learn of whom would be their director.
As the announcement was being made of the special guest’s incoming flight delay, in walked George Frideric Handel himself! Or at least one convincing characterization!
Messiah pieces performed together in this order were:
4. And The Glory Of The Lord
7. And He Shall Purify
9. O Thou That Tellest Good Tidings to Zion
12. For Unto Us A Child Is Born
17. Glory To God
21. His Yoke Is Easy
22. Behold The Lamb Of God
24. Surely He Hath Borne Our Griefs
25. And With His Stripes We Are Healed
26. All We Like Sheep Have Gone Astray
28. He Trusted In God
33. Life Up Your Heads, O Ye Gates
35. Let All the Angels Of God Worship Him
37. The Lord Gave The Word
39. Their Sound Is Gone Out
46. Since By Man Came Death
51. But Thanks Be To God
53. Worthy Is The Lamb That Was Slain
“Herr Handel” posed with the participants to conclude the event.